LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhimanyu (lawyer)     21 June 2012

Harrashment by mobile operator...any remedy available

My tata photon no. Is 9205028384 and a/C no. Is 937096992. I was not using tata photon plus since january 2012 due to high bills even though taking unlimited plan which gives more than 5gb of usage. 5gb usage is mighty and I always use the device only in week ends and the bill often used to come more than that. I contacted them to send me bills of usage data to my residential addresss but they used to give only a message of rupess in my email. Then I stopped using it and stopped paying for that . In april this year I recieved a legal notice from a advocate on their behalf for the payment of 2700 rupees. I called them and also visited their offices in jammu. They told me that u have to pay for this and at that time they told that the connection is permanently disconnected and can only be resumed by giving fresh documents. As I wanted to discontinue I paid the dues and asked the same question_ is the connection is disconnected? they replied with yes. Now after 2 months they are sending me email for paying 1400 rupees for usage for the month of april and may 2012. I am shocked and in a mode of trauma.I called customer care and visited branches for this problem. They are szying that u have to pay for this because ur account was not terminated, it was due to non payment of dues. But according to trai, mobile no. And devices shall be disconnected if not in use for more than 3 months and sending a legal notice is a mode of informing that ur services are stopped and pay dues for usage only. I paid the money in front of my three friends and the conversation has been witnessed by them. Not only me there are no. Of customers troubled by tata in jammu. what can i do now ...plzzzz suggest

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 June 2012

dont respnd them.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 June 2012

I am alo using tata photon plus and in last May due to heavy work I purchased 30 gbs with an amount of Rs.3600/- and got internet speed exhausted within three weeks, thereafter it became very slow. When I contacted the vendor they said that some internet brousers are very heavy and can exhaust your usages even in two or three days. This is how we are living and coaping with the use of internet.

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     21 June 2012

Filing consumer complaint before the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum is the best option.But before moving consumer forum, please serve the company with a notice / legal notice on your part , detailing the facts as given in the query. You have a strong case and you will win with compensation for harassment.

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     24 June 2012

^^ as above. send a legal notice and thereafter move the consumer forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register