FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CitizenBlr   20 May 2021

Harassment from neighbour with his noisy split ac compressor


I live 3 floors apartment. My neighbour has installed a split AC in his room and compressor is kept in his balcony which is making huge noise in the night due to which none of us are getting peaceful sleep. Even after complaining to apartment association and his owner, he is not taking action to address this issue. I have tried multiple ways to make him understand the inconvenience its causing and how its impacting on my family's health. He is ignoring and doesn't seems to address the issue. My association is unregistered but our association president have also given warning to stop harrassing like this. Even owner has failed. My neighbour is completely insensitive and he is continuing with same harassment. 

Can anyone in this forum, please suggest next course of action which I can take to resolve this issue in legal way? I can't seem to have any other option.

Thank you!


 4 Replies

Adv. Sagar Verma (Lawyer)     20 May 2021

Send a legal notice through a lawyer to both the parties i.e. the owner and the tenant, specify your problem and ask it to be resolved within a stipulated time. Also keep the acknowledgement copy received from the post or courier after the delivery of such legal notice. Be specific on the point that if the problem is not addressed and resolved immediately strict legal actions will be taken against them.

Thanks and regards,
Adv. Sagar Verma

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     20 May 2021

Try to solve the issue by amicable manner. if not cooperate then find legal remedy by notice and complaint

1 Like

sneha jaiswal   21 May 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
For the query you posted, I would suggest that:
First, try to settle amicably but if in case matters are in the stage where legal action is needed; 
Then, send a legal notice with the help of a lawyer and specify your concern, and request that it should be settled within a stipulated time. Likewise, keep the acknowledgement receipt which you will get from the post or dispatch after the conveyance of such legal notice. Be explicit on the point that if the issue isn't addressed and settled promptly strict legitimate action will be made against them.
Also, you have an option to go for the Alternate Dispute Resolution like Mediation where parties in dispute discuss their concern with the assistance of a trained impartial third person who helps them in reaching a settlement.
Hope it helps
Sneha Jaiswal

rajesh raman   23 May 2021

Thank you so much for kind reply and you valuable suggestions. We have been trying to convey the problem from more than a year now and neighbour is completely insensitive. Talking owner is also taking very long time. I see only legal way is left for me to resolve this issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query