Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ibrahim (Not working)     01 June 2012

Harassment call from dubai bank for credit card payment

Sir,

I had taken some credit cards from some dubai banks when i was working in dubai...i came back to india after i lost my job due to recession at that time i had outstanding in some credit cards...i have cleared two bank cards later on with settlment with bank...

My problem is somebody calling from dubai(bank) to my house and threatening to my father who is not relating to my debt . He is using very bad words, telling them that they will send gundas to home etc...

I have his dubai mobile number from which number he is calling.... Can i or my father give any legal complaint here for the harrassment/threatening calls when i have his dubai mobile number ?

I had told him that this is small amount like Dh: 8000 so i will be going back to dubai and i will settle there once i get new job but he is not listening calling ten times to home and using same above said.

i kindly request you to reply your valuable legal point regarding above subjects..

Thanks & Regards

ibrahim

Learning

6 Replies

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     02 June 2012

lodge a complaint with the police commissioner/ssp of your city/district. Better, reply them back in their language i.e. same abusive language, rest assured they can not come to India and do any harm to you. Moreover, credit card holders are protected by the laws made out in India by RBI in 2008, locate the circular, if you are unable, revewrt I will find that for you. There are clear cut instructions to the credit Card issuing banks not to harass the customers at odd time or use force. At the most they can seek shelter under the civil law and that may take them years. Moreover, you look like a Law abiding citizen, so do not fear, they can not harm you in any way, just start ignoring there calls

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     02 June 2012

Just remember one thing more, start recording the calls, if possible, they could serve as a valuable evidence in the court in the long run

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     02 June 2012

Dear Ibrahi,

Pls give a police complaint , giving them the Dubai's no and request them to take action.Definetly they will take action.

Regards

srishaia,sdharani120@gmail.com,9741425514,bangalore

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     02 June 2012

Gentleman, making the payment may be the best option.After all they are asking for the money paid and nothing else.You will wonder when you will see the amount of interest being charged under the contract.Further charges debited may be a shock to you.

Ibrahim (Not working)     04 June 2012

Ajit Sir, I told them that i am trying to go dubai and i wll start making payment but he is not listening anything....

bhuvanesh (Piping Engineer)     31 July 2012

Ibrahim, 

Neither the UAE bank nor their Indian agents can do any harm to you, except making repeated calls. Banks and agents will never listen to you, whatsoever the reasons you may give them. But the real problem will come to you in case if your UAE bank presents your secruity check. Obviously it will bounce and lead to a cheque bounce criminal offense registered by UAE police against you. A criminal case in UAE will affect your chances of going to UAE, I mean, you may get arrested at airport immigration in case, if you have a criminal case in UAE. After a period of time, if there is no response from you to the bank, UAE may initiate legal proceedings against you in India itself. This is a remote possibility, given the amount is small (8000 dhs).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register