LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SATISH KUMAR YADAV   11 February 2022

Harassment by wife

The wife stayed at the marriage house 4 days.  Has gone back to maternal house and started false accusations against the boy and the family from her maternal house. She is away for 2 months after marriage. There does not seem a chance of reconciliation.. the boys family is under constant fear of harassment seeing how the things are going...


 2 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   11 February 2022


1.Either wait for her step and react accordingly.

2 Involve Family Members.

3.Go for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.

Nowadays many things are planned but your situation may be different.

Under any circumstances don't be rude towards wife or her family and stay calm.


Advocate Pallabh Haldar 

Aryan Raj   11 February 2022

Dear Satish,

On the grounds that the marriage has not been consummated, you might file for annulment. However, if your wife denies that the marriage has not been consummated you cannot get the marriage annulled, So it will be better if you file for divorce on the grounds of cruelty because the marriage could not be consummated due to your wife's refusal to staywith you.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register