LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shirish Patil ( )     22 August 2020

Harashment and suicide threat

I got married on 26 May 2019. My wife is 43 years old and has infertility issues, she is unable to conceive. many doctors confirmed this. The only option left is IVF with donor eggs which is a costly deal. Can this marriage be annulled on the ground of her infertility?. Secondly, she is a very unstable person mentally. We have one counseling session about this in one of the psychiatrists in Sangli but later on, due to some circumstances, we were unable to pursue the said counseling. My wife had made one suicide attempt 3 years before the marriage which she herself told me about. After our marriage, she threatens me to commit suicide in case if do or don't do certain things that she wishes for. things are always so pity, like if I don't eat the food she goes wild, etc. I am living under tremendous pressure which is affecting my health. My parents are above 75 and are on medication. What is a legal remedy for me? Plz help

Learning

6 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     22 August 2020

Moot out the idea of second marriage to have child..

Nikita Parekh   22 August 2020

Keep record of all counselling sessions you attend with her

If she gets out of control, give a letter to concerned police station and get her admitted in rehab centre for further treatment
1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     23 August 2020

It depends upon how you view. She gets angry when you don't eat, which can be attributed to her love and affection towards you. 

And,  you say she is 43. May be she is suffering from Meno pause related issues because of which she may be reacting  bit more than necessary. 

Seek assistance of her Parents to resolve the issue. If need be let her live with her parents for a fortnight or so. If she is behsving the same manner there too, she may need Doctor not divorce.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2020

You have stated to got married on 26 May 2019, how did you find and confirm that she has can not conceive ?. 

2 Like

Shirish Patil ( )     23 August 2020

Hello sir, 

Firstly, Thank you for your reply and for your precious time.

Sir, In this situation, what about my right to have kids. will I be deprived of that right?  My medical reports show that I have no medical problem to be a father. but my wife's reports shows that the only possibility in her case is IVF with donor eggs, which she don't want to go for. also, can I go for surrogacy in this situation. 

Please reply.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 August 2020

Marriage cannot be annulled solely on the ground of wife's infertility. Other aspects posted are too vague to suggest any solution. It appears you are too wavering. Continued counselling could enable to you sort out the issues and chart out an appropriate course of action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register