LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari Mahato (Finance)     10 December 2021

Guidance required while purchasing land/property

Dear Respected Lawyers, I would like to purchase a land in Kharagpur, West Bengal. Since this is going to be my first property, I would like to make sure that I am fulfilling all the legal criteria and owning the property in a totally legal way. I would like to know from your expertise that what are the documents that I should get or obtain from the seller as well as from BLRO office? I would look forward to your reply. thank you and kind regards, HSM

Learning

3 Replies

Anaita Vas   10 December 2021

Buying a plot is one of the best investments you can make. Although it is a more affordable purchase than an apartment or villa, the purchase of a plot requires the same amount of planning. There are several documents that need to be checked and verified before buying a plot. Knowing more about these documents will help you stay alert about the entire plot buying procedure. Also, it is imperative to be legally compliant while investing in a future asset.

1. Sale Deed

2. Khata Certificate/ Extract

3. General Power of Attorney

4. No- Objection Certificates (NOC)

5. Alottment Letter

6. Sale Agreement

7. Possession Letter

8. Pyment Receipts

9. Property Tax Receipts

10. Encumberance Certificate

Regards,

Anaita Vas

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 December 2021

The facts posted are too general. Please post specific particulars of the property proposed to be purchased..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2021

What is the legal dispute for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform ?

Seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer for title search, drafting, preparations and registration of title documents with all necessary formalities, if needed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More