LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hello World (director)     04 August 2014

Guidance required

A colleague of mine is subject to tremendous mental torture by her husband as well as her own parents and family to shift to Saudi Arabia against her wishes. This was actually a forced marriage and she is trapped in this. She is already seeing a psychologist and is ready to give some time to this marriage before calling it off or filing for a divorce but her husband and parents are torturing her daily to give in. What legal remedy can she adopt so that this torture stops and she gets time to think over this marriage and take it at her own pace please?

She is not contemplating divorce at the moment but this pressure is driving her crazy and she is losing her mental peace and mental balance. Please provide a remedy to stop this daily torture in its roots!!!

 9 Replies

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     05 August 2014

You may please advice your friend to get counseling first. Real cause of your friend's problem has to be ventilated. Legal remedy may be sought later on. If your friend is not having any sufficient legal cause of action she will not get any legal remedy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 August 2014

As rightly observed by Shanmugam Lakshmanan above, even I am of the same opinion that your friend has no sufficient grounds or valid reason to seek dissolution of her marriage except for the fact that she has been forced to accompany her husband to foreign country with him to live there. This decision cannot be forced on her, this may ventilate a valid reason but cannot push it to   divorce.  Well,  she may wait without giving in to the pressures on her for the moment.

Hello World (director)     05 August 2014

Thanks for your replies. She is already taking recourse from a counsellor but the way he is torturing her and her family is also succumbing to it she is on the verge of a mental breakdown and is showing suicidal tendancies!! Am really worried for her!!!!

hanees (partner)     07 August 2014

I have taken an apartment on leave and license for a period of nineteen months for which I paid 30 lacs by way of Interest free security deposit. The registered leave and license contains a clause both party are at liberty to terminate the agreement by giving one months legal notice. Now after 8 months licensor has given legal notice to evict the house. My problem is that my children are going to school from here and it would not be possible to evict as the schools are going on while still 11 months of agreement remains. Is there any legal remedy so that I can stay till validity of this registered agreement.

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     08 August 2014

please submit reason stated in the termination notice. so that proper opinion can be give.

hanees (partner)     08 August 2014

Dear shanmugam, no reason is given. The licensor is telling as per agreement I am giving you 2 months notice to hand over the vacant possesion. The notice is on a normal ledger paper from the licensor. It is not from any lawyer. No where it's saying termination notice.

P.R.Sheshagiri (N/A)     08 August 2014

I am planning to promote a credit society in Navi Mumbai ,in the District of Thane, Maharashtra. In this regard I would like to know the procedures for the formation of the society,legal formalities, the competent authority to be approached, what are the financial formalities to be completed and whether any permission or license to be obtained from RBI. Please guide me.



T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2014

@Hanees: Even if it is not through a lawyer, it is a legal notice by the licencer and due importance has to be given to it.  You give a reply stating that though the conditions mention the legal action, it is on the basis of children education that you request him to allow you to remain  full tenure of 11 months and keep dodging the issue by another three months, by which the leave and license gets automatically terminated.  In future start a separate thread for posting your own queries.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2014

@ Seshagiri:  First of all you start a new thread to post your queries, in others thread you are supposed to give a reply or your opinion and not posting your own query irrelevant to the subject.  However, for your query, you can approach a reliable consultant in the local who will be able to guide you properly in this aspect, do not get misguided by false agents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query