Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SSK_2019_DEV (TA)     24 October 2021

Gst on society members in redevelopment

Hi,

Our society is going in redevelopment with a builder in Mumbai Suburbs, I had few clarifications required with regards to GST charges to existing members

1. In the instance when the builder is giving the new flat as per the agreed area in DA and PAA with member, is there any GST charged to the existing member for this area that is given in lieu of the existing flat.

2. If the member buys some additional area over and above the agreed upon area, will there be any GST applicable to the member here.

3. As mentioned in point 2, if the developer mentions this new area in DA and PAA shows it as area received in lieu of existing flat, then will the GST be applicable.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 October 2021

You can file an online RTI application with a fee of Rs.10/-  to GST authorities and can get a copy of such laid down norms on paying GST.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 October 2021

Please read the article for your querry. Watch this link.

https://bcajonline.org/catdescripttion.php?catid=17777&cid=88

SSK_2019_DEV (TA)     26 October 2021

Thanks Rama, for the link.

I have gone through the link, I don't have much background in taxation or any were near it so just summarising my understanding please let know if it is correct

As per the doc in redevelopment there is no monetary or any exchnage of goods happening, its just immovable property which the builder takes from the existing member and gives them back the new home so GST does not apply in this case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More