LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V Kumar Singh (Executive)     02 October 2012

Greedy lawyer

if lawyer is blackmailing (asking for x amount which is exponentially higher than the norm), how to change him? can i simply ask him to discontinue my case by sending him a formal letter? can he demand any money after that? can he file a case against me if i fail to fulfill his monetary demands? pls suggest, very troubled...

Learning

7 Replies

DAULAT DILBAUG (Problems related to money marriage matters.-dostnaye@gmail.com)     02 October 2012

It is easy to blame but not easy to prove. This is a confendial relationship so try to settle the matter .

Vikrant Goel (fkhjk)     02 October 2012

i think judiciary itself is a fake place infact i believe a house of prostitute is much regardable than judiciary which atleast provides u some happy moments against your money but judiciary is a place where u spend all ur money and life for justice but in reply receive only harrassment and mental torture. judiciary is totally incompetent to judge the facts and advocates are taking advantage of these. sab ek jaise hai yaar....it is of no use blameing anyone when ur wife has bought u to this situation. just change ur advocate and take back ur file and search for a genuine lawyer who is not greedy and if possible in ur relation or friends circle.

stanley (Freedom)     03 October 2012

I agree to Mr Ashish's Views . 

But the pros and cons are as follows .

1. There is no agreement in place of fixing the fees as such it is just verbally conveyed and is a matter of trust but can always be enhanced as the case continues . Always pay the fees by cheque . 

2. A very few lawyers give a receipt for the fees they have received .

3.  A few lawyers hesitate to tell the fees and hence ask for a deposit  and convey that they will tell the fees at a later date . 

4. A few lawyers tell the fixed rates and when you pay them the entire amount they do not take interest in the case and hence you are forced to take up another lawyer . 

5. A few lawyers if they know you have a lot of money they ask for a loan . Never give it . Since to receive back the same you may have to fight another case and hence you are in the same loop hole .

6. To change your lawyer you have to take a NOC from your old lawyer .

DAULAT DILBAUG (Problems related to money marriage matters.-dostnaye@gmail.com)     03 October 2012

What about reverse situation. A person entabled in criminal cases promises sky and moment he even feels that he can come out due to extra ordinary efforts of the advocate he just make volte face.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     08 December 2012

Stenly's Pt 5: "A few lawyers if they know you have a lot of money they ask for a loan . Never give it . Since to receive back the same you may have to fight another case and hence you are in the same loop hole ""

I never heard such LOAN transaction. 

We Advocate cannot keep any financial relations with our client. 

If any Advocate Blackmails you, lodge Police Complaint against hi,. Do not spare such Advocate, who tarnish the name of all Advocate, Also file DC action in Bar Council & punish him. He will not be able to practice, so other honest citizen will be saved of such greedy adv, who blackmails.

But there are many , who consult for 3 hrs, and  do not pay: Say I have not bring money, and never show their face again
: They similarly waste time of another 20 Advocates. They do not pay fees till Judgement. Advocate is duty bound to fight case as Vakalatnama filed. The moment he wins case, He convenientlty forget to pay  reasonable fees or even expences incurred by Adv for him. He says , I will pay u when I get, rt now I hv no money!!

Adv  deliver  words/ Goods can be taken away, not our words or services; 

Fees charged as per complication of case, experience of Advocate, and no case is identical, so no fees can be uniform. It changes from case to case, place to place, & person to person, and change with time. 

Clients  lost their Court case due to non payment of  agreed fees to their Advocates.  

The relationship is reciprocal. It is always Give 7 take. It rebounce. If u r honest, he is honest. If u try tricks, he do the same. Adv too have to run his show!

Who will account for bribes paid to Police to get favour or at least avoid arrest and harassment in Police custody?? And later u ask account and pay by cheque!!! will Police  accept cheque?? 

After all it is money managed scenerio. U pay U win . U don't pay, u r in Jail.. It is Money Made Politics, Politician, Police * & Judiciary, WE ALL TO BE BLAMED FOR THIS SCENERIO. 

ELECT A PERSON, WHO HAVE NO MONEY, SEND HIM TO PARLIAMENT TO ENACT  BETTER LAWS AND IT'S CLEAN ADMINISTATION IN POLICE/ COURTS: & U CAN LIVE IN HEAVEN: A DREAM INDIA WITHOUT CORRUPTION.

All ministry, All involved are corrupted, or otherwise a clean & honest have to leave immediately, or he will be thrown out, killed , or charged with corruption!! Honest cannot survive in Politics, Police Court or even in Advocacy. 

Name a person who is not greedy. Only circle of selfishness have different redius, Mahatma Gandhi covered all in his circle of selfishness, and a wife in court do not enter his family too in that circle. But all have different diameter  of their own circle of selfishness. Nobody is escaped. It is necessity that fix it. There inb no limit to it. Read :Survivours" Real story of human crosses that Limit of greed/ selfishness. 

I think , Discovery Chennel teach you more of greed & selfishness: Survival is prime object. . OK

Interest differ, and create tension: that lead to your unhappiness, BP. Heart Attack , Crimes, Divorces, 498A & what not!! 

Mr. Viukrant, Due to Corrupted Police and their fake Punchnama, FDeared or greedy Witnesses, who depose false, The paid Advocates, and  corrupted Public Prosecutors, Court receie false Evidences, Judge cannot do anything, Court will follow riminal or Civil Procedure, and act upon what comes before court. So Court and Judiciary cannot be blamed. It is the corrupt machinery that gives false  and unsatisfactory Result, that lead to injustice. What money you spend goes to oil that corrupted machinery of Advocate who are agents to pay Police & others. Court  is only to Judge.

A drnken driver  is caught, but if his blood sample is changed, and / or corrupted Laboratory prove, no alcohol content  in blood sample, so he is proved innocent, Whom will you blame? COURT?? With bogus WILL, someone grab crores of property, with corrupted Witnesses, what court can do?? It is WE, to be blamed. All person to be blames, and Vikrant, they are no others but  friends and relatives, brothers and fathers of the Litigants!! WE ARE SPOILING OUR SOCIETY, BECAUSE WE ALL WANT MONEY: ANY MONEY ONLY: 

AT THE MOST WE WANT REVENGE, WE WANT TO SHOW OUR POWER, WE WANT TO HARASS INNOCENTS, WHO DID NOT RESPECT YOU OR DID NOT OBEY WIFE'S RELATIVES.. WE OURSELVES ARE NOT HONEST. 

WE OURSELVES DO NOT LOVE "TRUTH" "SACRIFICATION FOR TRUTH" READY TO DIE FOR TRUTH & JUSTICE 

Crores of Court cases are full of it's examples. Everybody's greed and selfishnes: TELL  ME WHO IS NOT GREEDY OR SELFISH. ==You may find few exceptions of Saints . == Let God Bless All Advocates & Clients.. 

Hope ANNA Suceed in his Objective, OF NON CORRUPTED INDIA. 

ok GOOD BYE... 

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     08 December 2012

MAHATMA GANDHIJI WEAS ALSO ADVOCATE: HE FOUGHT FOR TRUTH: DIE FOR TRUTH: 

WITH LARGEST POSSIBLE DIAMETER OF HIS CIRCLE OF SELFISHNESS, AND INDEPENDENT  " INDIA" 

AND WE:: SPOILING INDIA, BLAME COURTS FOR INJUSTICE & JUDICIARY.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register