LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srikanth (free)     25 March 2010

GRATUITY DOUBTS

WE ARE COVERED UNDER GROUP GRATUITY SCHEME IN LIC, I HAVE ONE DOUBT. IF A EMPLOYEE DIES AFTER ENROLLING IN GRATUITY, WHETHER HIS NOMINEE WILL BE PAID MONTHLY PENSION OR TOTAL LUMP SUM AMOUNT PAID. FOR EG. HIS BASIC IS 5000/- AND JOINED IN 01.03.2010 AND DIES IN 22.04.2010 , PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT AMOUNT HIS NOMINEE WILL BE PAID IN LUMPSUMP OR PENSION WISE AND ITS CALCULATION. 

Learning

9 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     28 March 2010

Your querry is hypothetical.Normally the Group Gratuity scheme of the LIC covers the death benefits also. The amount of compensation or pension depends on the premium worked by the LIC depending upon the age, salary etc., drawn by the employee at the time of enrolment in the scheme.

payal gupta (article assistants)     30 March 2010

in my openion isaac gabriel sir is right

P. Selvam (Manager - HR)     31 March 2010

According to me it is vary according to scheme and associated beneftis.

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     01 April 2010

The example mentioned by you is a person joined on 01-03-2010 and died on 22.04.2010. He shall not be entitled for gratuity as he has not completed any one year of his service.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 April 2010

Fifteen day's salary on date of death subject to the maximum of 20 months salary is payable to the members under the rules of Group Gratuity cum Life Assurance scheme of the LIC of India,had the employee been enrolled under the scheme.  So, verify his enrolment under the scheme with your employer or the LIC.

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     09 June 2010

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if protests have been lodged with concerned govt department regarding the discrimination in payment of enhanced gratuity to central govt. employees from 1.1.2006 and to non-central govt employees from 24.5.2010. I donot understand why our govt invites issues resulting in litigation.

S C DANEJ

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     11 June 2010

Dear all,

This is for the pensioners who retired from Banks between 1.1.06 to 23.5.2010. Please send your views about this discrimination between central govt employees and all other non-central govt employees regarding payment of enhanced gratuity to central govt employees from 1.1.06 and all other non govt employees from 24.5.2010. You must send your views at retired.bankers@gmail.com.  This will enable the unions to fight for the pensioners cause.

S C DANEJ

Dear all,

You can seen your views are taken note by www.allbankingsolutions.com.

S C DANEJ

sorry

Instead of seen above, pl read as 'see'.

S C DANEJ

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register