LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Gratuity and pension

This is regarding gratuity and pension payment to legal heir for deceased employee working in government office for 19 years. Need to know whether can file case in labour court if case in high court is already going on?


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 February 2021

When case is going on in High courts, the other courts will not consider petitions as per resjudicata formula in legal matters.

Res Judicata is a phrase which has been evolved from a Latin maxim, which stand for 'the thing has been judged', meaning there by that the issue before the court has already been decided by another court, between the same parties. Therefore, the court will dismiss the case before it as being useless.


Already 3 years in High court 6 years since death and no dates for hearing. How long does it take?

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     20 February 2021

Government employees cannot go to labour courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query