LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Somesh   23 November 2021

Grandfather property inheritance

My Great Grand Father has 6 acres and inherited by Grandfather(Only child). My Grandfather has 3 sons and 4 daughters. My father is firstborn (1953). Married in 1981 and joined Govt job in kadapa (600km from hometown) in 1982.  My brother and me are only children born in 1985 and 1987 respectively.  My Grandfather told that as my father has Govt job, he doesnt give any propery.  He gifted 40 cents each to Aunts during marriages and bought back by giving cash afterwards.  He then gifted 6 acres to my two material uncles without my father consent and died in 2005.  My father retired in 2012 and died in 2015.  Also we converted to christianity in 1998 so my relatives treated us as untouchables.  So we don't have much relations with them.  Now when we ask about properties, they are threatening us.

Questions:

1.Do we have right to get property?

2.We are from OC caste but converted to christianity, still we are OC indian hindu according to certificate, so do we have right?

3.Can we file a case in our area which is 600km from agriculture properties or shall we file in the jurisdiction where the agriculture properties comes under?

I will be grateful for your valuable replies.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 November 2021

Consult a local lawyer with the particulars of the property such as sale deed, fair adangal copy, etc.

Somesh   24 November 2021

Apologies. Correction: Paternal Uncles ( not maternal)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register