LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridhar bulusu (retired)     18 July 2012

Grandfather property

My  Grandfather  who was Headmaster at Ponneri built a house  in 1950’s with great difficulty   and  in his will he mentioned very clearly that my father should not sell the house but could enjoy till his life time and after that it should go to the legal heirs of my father’s grandchildren(sons’ children). But my father after consulting one lawyer, forced us to sign the documents to sell the said property for Rs.50, 000 in 1980, and kept the amount in the court enjoying till this day interest fletched.  He argued that he could not maintain the house so sold it and enjoying the interest instead of rent. Now the maturity date has come and he asked his grandchildren to sign the document to release the amount. The pity is the value of the property is now 75,00,000 and each grandson will get a megre amount of Rs.5000/- Though we were against at that time to dispose the property , we the brothers never protested and simply  obliged only because for his age and also lovable father. But my father finding fault on my grandfather who was in teaching line for not having given right to him to sell the property.

My question is whether such law is there to sell the property? If so why the advocate failed to give good advice to my father about the future value of the property?

In this, please tell whether my father’s attitude is correct?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register