Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swastik Upadhyay (President)     14 January 2022

Govt lies

Can't the govt who post big big advertisement in newspaper, TV ad bluffing their achievements  be brought under law and questioned 


 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 January 2022

A PIL could be filed. However, more than the law and its procedure what matters is the political morality governed by sound conventions. It morality that makes law possible.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2022

Govt is also responsible for misleading advertisements and equal before law, and such misrepresentations can be challenged in Consumer courts if the citizen is a consumer.  There is an excellent judgment of Supreme court popularly known as Ghaziabad Development Authority, also Lucknow Development Authority wherein the court discussed the responsibility of Govt. (Remember that there should be some deficiency of service or negligence and someone must have suffered due to that misrepresentations as consumer-and not all general advertisements)

Aryan Raj   15 January 2022

In response to your query,

Rather than the Government the particular political party must be challenged because it is the political party that makes the promises not the Government. And to challenge them any individual can file petition seeking answers from them in regard of the promises they make and question their work and progress in keeping their word.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query