Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandravadia Jignesh (Rajkot)     21 January 2010

Goverment Officer done cheating for given a Govt. Job

Sir,

Matter is that one employee was been suspended by govt. After he suit in Labour court.The judgement of Labour court is in favour of the employee.

But govt. not take him in the service,he appeals in the high court.But That department head call them by the advocate and told him that if you are given 1 lack to me,I settled your job within one year ,after he gave ruppes to him .

Employee have not any proof for giving any ruppes to that person.

So sir please give me advice to take any action against that Officer and under which section how can i feel the suit against him

Learning

5 Replies

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     21 January 2010

Bribery? U have no evidence?

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     21 January 2010

Dear Jignesh,

Giving a bribe is as much an offence as taking it. If a complainant goes to the ACB and given prima-facie evidence of giving of illegal gratification (bribe) and of receiving that illegal gratification, then the ACB will have to register the case and investigate it and bring it to its logical and legal conclusion. Offering a bribe would be an offence under Section 7 and 12 of Prevention of Corruption Act.  

Amongst the few reported cases are Yusuf Ali Nagri Vs. State of Maharashtra AIR 1968 SC147 In this case the Municipal Inspector was offered a bribe. He complained to the ACB. The ACB officers taped the conversations from an adjacent room. IT was only an offer The accused was arrested an convicted the SC acceptiong the tape recorded conversations valid evidence convicted the accused for offering the bribe. punishes for receiving or accepting illegal gratification.

shrikant chede (law officer)     21 January 2010

I do agree with Mr Ahmed

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     21 January 2010

The complaint should have been made to Anti Corruption Bureau just after the demand.

As there is no proof for his accepatance of bribe, nothing can be done now. If there was some proof a complaint to higher authorities of the department would have initiated a departmental enquiry.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 March 2010

how u can ask that type of ques. in this forum.it is criminal issue on ur part.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register