LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     18 September 2012

Got divorced, now wife wants me back

Hi Team,

My wife forced me to sign on MCD so I did as I taught she wanted divorce.

1st motion happened on 5th March 2012

2nd motion happened on 14th Sep 2012

and we got divorced as both agreed for it in front of the judje.


Yesterday 17th Sep my wife called me and cried a lot and said she was forced to do that but doesnt want to leave me. She cried a lot but she feels nothing can be done now.


I want to know if I can file any petition to challenge the divorce. Anything that I can do without her intervention as she says she cant file an affidavit but If I file she would support me.

Please tell me my options. I really love my wife a lot and do not want to lose her


 24 Replies

RK (adada)     18 September 2012

Mr Pawan

When your wife forced you to sign MCD then how can you be sure that she wont force you again? Anyways legally there is no point appealing against the MCD.

Yours is a Done deal and your wife seems to be a Mentally Unstable Patient, Forget it and start life Afresh

stanley (Freedom)     18 September 2012

There is a saying "once bitten twice shy" . As you say she is going to support you in all ways than get into a live in relationship with her . And as you too say you love her very much go ahead . But beware of future cases like rape,kidnapping  being filed upon you etc when you are into a live in relationship with her .Love is sweet posion .

Pawan (Others)     18 September 2012

I heard that we can file an affidavit within some stipulated time that I was theatend by her parents to sing on it so I had to sing. I can file some affidavit and get the divorce cancelled. Is that true. If yes within what time should I file the affidavit please advice me

stanley (Freedom)     18 September 2012

i presume its most probally within 30 days .Is she ready to forego her parents should action be taken against them for threats :-) . Love is blind :-) 

Pawan (Others)     18 September 2012

I and her do not want her parents to be troubled too. we just want to be together

Chandra Shekhar (Sdc)     18 September 2012

Dear Tajob sir,

Please respond and give your comments for this thread.

It is interesting threading. Please let us all know your comments/advice.

G.Chandra Shekhar


Never Give Up (Fighter)     18 September 2012



I hope my wife thinks like your wife, i would have been happily divorced and free bird ....

Pawan (Others)     18 September 2012

@ Never give up:  U want to get rid of ur wife and I want my wife back .. both of us are not getting what we want.. Irony

Amit (NA)     18 September 2012

Interesting topic. Some legal expert should present his opinion on this.

But as someone suggested, if she was forced, ask her to take criminal action against her parents. Get them convicted or bring the criminal charges to a conclusion.

Post this, start a live in relationship and see where it goes.

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     18 September 2012

Mr.Pawan  I think You are to fight second term of litigation.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 September 2012

Indeed it is interesting loveria (no pun intended) query before us J

My Re. 1/- as follows;

1. Appeal period is 90 days for MCD Decree. If Decree Sheet was prepared by Family Court then Appeal lies before DB at State’s HC. If Decree Sheet was prepared by
Ordinary Civil Matrimonial Court then Appeal lies before District and Sessions Judge Court

2. In such interesting (love is always blind) scenarios push female forward to do the inevitable always. All she has to do now is to challenge the Decree Sheet by proving one among these available Appeal grounds - fraud, fear, influence, coercion or under any force or compulsion. And you have to (it is obvious) support her sides say (pleadings / submissions) before Appellate Court. Affidavit and all that is not call of the day instead proper Appeal is right way (possible) out of self created mess.

3. To my understanding of bare facts in this query both of your safe bet lies in self proving “coercion’ before Appellate Court and get reversed the Decree and then plan for Switzerland (Second Honeymoon) Trip accordingly.

However invest in hiring on a seasoned HC level Matrimonial Advocate services and they do not come cheap. But before falling again do think deep as in really deep about
’s Third Law of Motion if and buts from your head and not from your heart.

Off the records:
A. The moment actual Divorce decree is in hand it does generate shiversbluessweatingshopping bing - mood swingslow BP - loss of appetite - loss of social reputation among majority of healthy woman which is normal phenomenon and only a strong willed ex husband sustains such after effects provided he vanishes from the scene the moment second motion passed thru. But the fact says otherwise …………………….

B. The sensible option now would be to remain friends forever as in close four walls as well as before society without public announcing that Decree in Divorce is already in hand between us. We have seen many couples pull such duality for number of years. But then when one cannot lie to his heart so how one can lie to the society and for how long is self question that needs self realisations..................

C. I will not buy idea of live-in suggestion as suggested by LCI's nephew in page one.

All the best (if that helps a emotional feeble queriest here)

Ranee....... (NA)     18 September 2012

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

C. I will not buy idea of live-in suggestion as suggested by LCI's nephew in page one.

All the best (if that helps a emotional feeble queriest here) J

why sudden change in your advice?

stanley (Freedom)     18 September 2012

Very well explained by  our Uncle Tajobs who comes to the rescue of lovers :)

This seems to me like a Romeo and Juliet love story :). May god bless our uncle Tajobs for the down to earth advise he gives for nothing and may the  two lovers get united and live happily hereafter like in fairy tales :)  

Pawan (Others)     18 September 2012

So u want the girl to take the initiative???

She will not do that as that might harm her paretns she wants me to do something that will cancel the divorce and she will come to me as she has no other option ( In her parents eyes) she doesnt want to backoff from divorce now as she feels she is cheating her parents


Anything I can do from my end without harming her and my parents and we both can still live together

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query