LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shraddha@244   22 March 2022

Gift deed prior to divorce

Myself and wife has agreed for mutual consent divorce. We have 4 year old daughter whose custody will be with her,For the same we have flat in Pune on myself and wifes name

Further I want to gift deed this flat to my daughter , as my daughter is minor, legal guardian will be her mother name(but her name will be before marriage name) 

Is above thing is possible through gift deed


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 March 2022


You can purchase flat in the name of your daughter. Her mother can be guardian. It is better mother give her after marriage name.

Atul Saxena   22 March 2022

Your interest is more about to protect and secure her ( daughter) future .
It is advisable to excute gift deed in daughter favour and you both be as guardian.
Appointing only mother as guardian for property in not advisable considering your interest and willingness.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query