Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavita prakash patil   04 February 2023

gift deed or will

My mother has been given ten guntas by her father, she wants to transfer the said land in the name of her daughter, so please tell me whether she should make a will or make a gift and a half. is it her stri dhan ?


 5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   04 February 2023

Let she gift it to her daughter through gift deed.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 February 2023

Gift deed is the best. You can follow the difference between gift deed and WILL. In contrast to a gift deed, which allows a receiver to become the owner of a property during the transferor's lifetime, a Will allows possession to be of the receiver only after the demise of the person implementing the Will to transfer a property.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     04 February 2023

Yes land belongs to your mother is her stri dhan . Best option for your mother is to execute registered gift deed in favour of daughter.


gopa biswas   07 February 2023

If she does gift deed, she will have to pay stamp duty. If WILL is done then no stamp duty. WILL is preferable if no chanve of dispute later on.

sahithi reddy   08 February 2023

Gift deeds are the best. You can understand the distinction between a WILL and a gift deed. A Will only permits possession to pass to the receiver after the death of the person using the Will to transfer a property, in contrast to a gift deed, which permits a recipient to become the owner of property during the transferor's lifetime.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register