LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seeking Help (NA)     23 January 2022

Gift deed from mother to son without consideration

I bought a house in Mumbai in 2004, jointly with my mother(funds only mine). My mother would like to transfer her share of the house back to me (to avoid issues with sibling spouses later) without any consideration. I know that currently the Stamp duty is 200 and this will increase to 1% of consderation value on April 1 and later. If i have to push forward with the transfer before that, how can it be done - Online or offline? Can you please outline the process/procedure?

Learning

3 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   24 January 2022

Hii

Transfer of Property through gift deed needs to executed in the presence of two witness.Two parties are involved one is donor and other is donee.No consideration and immediate possession important elements in gift deed

Later on its Registered by paying appropriate stamp duty.

Engage a local Advocate 

Regards

Advocate Pallabh Haldar

Seeking Help (NA)     24 January 2022

I'm based in Mumbai and before i engage a local advocate wanted to confirm a couple more things - What are the stamp duty charges? I understand that currently for a gift deed without consideration it is 200 Rs only. And it will be increasing from April 1.

Payment of Stamp Duty & Registration charges, can that be done online? What about the whole process? can it be done online or does it need to be done offline?

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 January 2022

Each State has its own procedure. You may get the relevant information from the website of Maharashtra Registration Department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register