LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam lal   03 July 2021

Gift deed format

What is the simple valid legal standard format for a Gift deed as I want to gift my share of immovable property as mentioned in the WILL of the deceased ,to a third party,not any blood relations

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 July 2021

It is always proper to get the Gift deed drafted by a professional advocate to avoid complications to the donee,.  Though it may involve professional fees of less than Rs.1,000/- the deed should be drafted as legally enforceable from all angles and the donee should not be driven to courts for enforcement at a later stage.

Adv. Morzaria (Advocate )     03 July 2021

Kindly share the details of Schedule of the Property you intend to transfer

shyam lal   03 July 2021

the property is in Agra U.P.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 July 2021

Since October, 20 you have been in dilemma in the proper laid down procedure for getting the property from Christian mother to 3 of her children and tried many permutations and combinations in several queries like partition, gifting one property by another, will , gifting without inheriting the property etc..  In view of the complications involved, you have been advised to contact a local advocate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2021

Drafting is an art, which require certain legal points to be covered with respect to subject matter, when there is a need to interpret the document.

Any typist / deed writer may provide you format but it may or may not fit in your case, therefore, it is better to get it drafted by a local prudent lawyer

shyam lal   04 July 2021

attention Mr.Prasad as you have done the investigation and have advised to contact a local advocate,I am still trying to locate a lawyer worth the time and money,I had asked a question ,it would have been appreciated.. if you had the answer instead telling to fetch for lawyer ,one should be specific.to the question.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2021

There are no particular format or template for the proposed gift deed.

You can engage the services of a  skilled lawyer or  deed writer in the local on their terms to draft a gift deed based on the circumstances with legally valid contents so that there would be no ambiguity in the future or may not pave way for any litigation if it has taken care of all the suspects while drafting the  desired gift deed. 

You may have to engage the services of an advocate of this forum or outside or a deed writer available in the place where the property situate. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2021

The property could be gifted even to a third or unrelated person. However, such gifts are not eligible for concessions in stamp duty. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register