LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   26 February 2021

Gift deed a public document?

I don't have the parents my grand mother wants to gift her property to me, my uncle wants to get challenged the gift deed he is financial very sound, he always tells if the case is not solved in District court he is ready to take for high court to challenged the gift deed

currently I don't have so much money to pay to lawyers ? if the case gets escalated to higher level .

can I attach the medical certificate to gift deed to make the case stronger in my side?

Any body please suggest on this?

Learning

2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   26 February 2021

According to the situation you're dealing with, I would like to let you know that in case you're financially unstable you may contact to District Legal Service Authority (DLSA) when the matter is initiated.

However, just in case the matter escalates to High Court, you may proceed to contact the High Court Legal Services Committee (HCLSC) of your state.

For instance, in Delhi there is the Delhi High Court Legal Services Committee, through which people can engage in suits with minimum or free of cost.

Now, coming back to the next process of your query, I would inform you that Medical Certificates are more often used in Criminal Matters to prove the innocence of a falsely accused person and in Civil Matters such certificates are used to exempt a person to attend (his presence) all the dates of the matter, by calling someone else on his/her behalf, due to their medical conditions.

Thus, in your case, MC could be used to exempt your grandmother from being present at every single date of the court. But it won't be any beneficial to you, the way you're imagining it could.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Nikhil SHETTY   26 February 2021

if gift deed is challenged in grounds of unsound mind, getting sound mind certificate with government hospital will it be helpful? before making gift deed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register