Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murthy   28 September 2021

gift deed

whether a Hindu father can gift his son his self acquired property and put him in joint possession until his demise and whether can son get katha in his name after gift is accepted .what are the rights of father after gift

 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 September 2021

Yes, the father can make a conditional gift deed in favour of his son. If a senior citizen the father can even provide for subsequent revocation of the gift on specified conditions.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     29 September 2021

Gift has to be unconditional, which shall come in to force immediately on being accepted by donee. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query