LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   18 June 2024

Getting case docs when you're not a party

Hello, I want to get case docs, plaints, etc for a case (Case A) where I am neither plaintiff nor defendant but have a similar case (Case B) in another court, so I want to study Case A, so that I can prepare response doc for my Case B accordingly. Is it possible to apply for Case A docs? What reasons should I mention so that my application does not get denied?


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2024

The best and viable option is in getting the documents from either the plaintiff or the defendant.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2024

If you want to obtain certified copies of the documents and case papers you may have to file a third party affidavit giving valid reasons for seeking them and once it is approved by court you can file a copy application and obtain certified copies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register