LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghu (NA)     12 May 2015

Getting call detail records of wife

Hi All,
Can anyone please suggest if is there any procedure to get my wife's call detail records?
I checked with some RTI forums and this comes under private information so private telcos will not provide this information.
So can i get her call details with permission from court(JMFC)?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.




 4 Replies


Private call r not divolged. Only policies relating to investigation can obtain

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     13 May 2015

You may contact to that service provider and check their policies to disclose it. You can submit written petition to the court to summon that service provider or provide the call records. Usual they keep it for one year.

TGK REDDI (No designation)     13 May 2015

Both the comments are nice.

R.G. Singh (Intern)     28 May 2015

@Raghu, file an application under CrPC 91 in the JMFC asking for the Preservation of Call Detail Records immediately as you are apprehending a criminal offence. 

Please understand that the CDRs would not be given to you but will be preserved to serve as evidence if incase you file a case and the same are needed to be summoned .

You can take a format from

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query