LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit das   14 June 2020

get rid of flat

I have purchased one flat with sbi loan.Now I am facing divorce and it is registered with both me and my wife.Now I want to stop installatement as I don't want to keep that flat .what is the process to get rid off.


 5 Replies

Salim Khan   14 June 2020

hello sir,
I think it is very early you are thinking are only facing is not divorced yet.and offcource if you are not want to keep that house you have got plenty of optipns.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 June 2020

Get the loan account transferred in the name of either of you, who want to retain title of the house and endorse in the same in the settlement / MoU / Agreement to be submitted to the Family Court in divorce case.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 June 2020

What is the stand of your wife? Is the divorce by mutual consent?

sumit das   15 June 2020

I want to kw what is best for me to go for mutual.I am a central gov employee so in that case what is best.Already just purchased a flat having in both joined name through sbi home loan.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 June 2020

Best course of action for both of you as well as both the families is to reconcile, adjust, forget and forgive past bitterness with your wife and save the matrimonal institution and enjoy married life..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register