LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   25 February 2024

Fraudulent change of address by L&T !

L&T is a large conglomerate in India infested with corrupt personnel.

They changed registered address of a deceased person died on 3/1/1996 to misappropriate 2000 shares in the year 2004 on the basics of forged letter purported to be received by them in the year 2004.

When the fraud came to knowledge I asked for the certified copy of said letter and the same is not being provided to protect corrupt officials. Even SEBI didn't help.

Please suggest a remady.


 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2024

Is there any case filed against them in this regard, if so then send the notice to him through court and obtain the documents requrested by an order of court

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     25 February 2024

When and how did you come to know about alleged fraud /misappropriation stated to have been in 1996, if any ?

What is your concern / locus standi to the subject matter ?

Sidhhi   27 February 2024

I legal heir having 20% share. I came to know in 2009 and took up the matter with SEBI and L&T. SEBI registered the complaint but that's all. Trying to shield L&T. I visited L&T 3 times but was mishandled and warned of dire consequences. I don't have proofs of threats held out by very powerful full management.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

If you have evidences then you can even consult a local lawyer and file a recovery suit against L & T

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     03 March 2024

Issue legal notice followed by filing of a suit for declaration , damages, mesne profits and permanent injunction against L& T

Any type of manhandling is a crime and report the matter to police.

Kartikey Tiwari   12 March 2024

The situation you're describing sounds like a serious case of fraud and identity theft. Here are some steps you can consider:

File a police complaint: Report the incident to the local police station. File an FIR (First Information Report) detailing the entire incident, including the misuse of the deceased person's address, forged documents, and non-cooperation from L&T and SEBI.

Approach the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT): NCLT handles matters related to company law, including shareholder disputes and fraudulent practices. You can file a petition with the NCLT against L&T for misappropriation of shares.

Gather evidence: Collect any documents you have related to the shares, communication with L&T and SEBI, and any proof of the fraud. This could include emails, letters, or recordings of conversations.

Here are some additional resources that might be helpful:

SEBI's complaint portal: You can try filing a complaint again on SEBI's complaint portal, highlighting the lack of action on your previous complaint. https://www.sebi.gov.in/department/investment-management-department-9/investor-complaints-cell-123/overview.html

Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA): The MCA website might have resources and information on filing complaints against companies. https://www.mca.gov.in/content/mca/global/en/home.html

It's important to be persistent in your pursuit of justice. Document everything and remember to keep copies of all complaints and communications

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register