LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hd Sharma   22 February 2022

Fraudently sell a Land

A person Fraudently sold a land to my uncle. Uncle expired 2 years back. Now that land is only on Papers not in real time. That colony doesnt exist. Only We have the registry of that land in name of my uncle. That person said that I dont know where the property is, as I sold it in 1984.

Learning

2 Replies

Mayur Shrestha   22 February 2022

Dear querist, 

1. you can file a complaint in your local police station and register an FIR regarding the same that will help you in the later stage where the court will evaluate your evidence regarding the transaction made between the fraudster and your uncle.

2. Secondly you can instantly file a suit for fraud under sections 420 and 423 of the Indian penal code for fraud, the fraudster upon determination of guilt of the person may be sentenced to 2 - 3years of rigorous imprisonment with a fine. 

Case reference -Thakur Bhim Singh v. Thakur Kan Singh- in this case, the land sold to the plaintiff was in somebody else's name, and the same was transferred without the intention of making a sale and to get a profit for the same. 

4. you can also apply to the registrar's office where you can cancel the sale deed, and in certain circumstances, the same is allowed with the backing of the court's order, and transactions are restored to the buyer. 

Chetan Gupta   23 February 2022

please someone also mentioned limitation period bcoz land was sold in 1984

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register