LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LLBDreamer (Student)     18 September 2012

Fraud person

Hello Everybody,I am new to this forum & need your help.I have tavera car & I got 1 travel agency to rent it & my car is of private number.I had rent my car with the firm & around 15 day gone,he pay me 10,000 & we decided 20,000/pm.He has used my car for only 15 days then offcose he is liable to pay only 15,000.On next month,his driver has done accident & complete left side got damaged.I ask for money from the firm owner & after lots of discussions he bring driver a.c cheque & convinced to accept it.And,after some days the driver tried to suicide by eating sleeping tablets & write fake letter on my name that I am harrasing him for money.And,after that his mother has gone to police station & black mailing in front of cops that she will file an FIR against if I will not pay atleast 50,000 rupees.I refuse to pay,then I told her that I will only pay 15,000 do whatever you want.I don't care.Then,she had agreed & we settled it as discussed.Now,that same person had changed his firm name & trying to do the same thing with other persons too.So,can I do something to teach him lesson.

Thanks & Please help me!

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2012

Your basic act is illegal.  You have no right to receive rent of car. You are nto providing insurance cover to the passnagers.

Your car was damaaged and you have right to claim damage from insruacen rather than putting it on hirer or driver (even if through his employer).

The suicide note of the driever was a good evidence for sending you to jail. Your car can also be fined. Yiou may have to pay commercial charges since the date of registeration.

If other person is also following illegal course like you (renting a private registered car) let him also suffer.  Beofre teaching lessor to other persons you should at least now learn a lessor and have a commercial registeration of the car so that you may not have to go and beg for car release before RTO authroities at 100 Km away.

If any passanger dies travellingin such car the insurance company will nto pay his damages and you may hav eto pay his damages the formula generally adopted is:-

(720 months) 60 Yr - age = earnabale ege

earnable age X monthly wages. 

You can imagine if the person dying may happen to be someone earning above Rs 50000 p.m.

LLBDreamer (Student)     19 September 2012

Ok,but we don't know that it's illegal.Though we confirmed from firm owner that is it legal? so,he tell us that it's legal there is no issue with it as there are lots of cars running like this.So,we give him on rent & the driver he just eat some sleeping tablets to just be unconcious not die.Just to show he might die because of me & then he can charge huge money.Actually,that same driver has done accident after my car & cop has takeover his license & also a car in their custody & file a case against him.And,he need money to get rid of it,so he simple target me.I know I had done mistake but this happened because I don't know about those things.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2012

Well if you believe that you are not doing anything illegal, then good luck. Many cars are running on hire with private number and when one is caught ............?   When there is accident and any passanger gets injured then the car owner pays the damages.not his insuracne Co. 

Choice is yours.

as far as suicide matter is concerned you are lucky got a riddance at cheaper price.

LLBDreamer (Student)     19 September 2012

Ok,Thanks for your replies.Now I know that it's illegal,offcose I am not going to rent my car to anyone till I get it registered for commercial uses.

Regards!

(Guest)

Congratulation Mr. Dreamer atlast you awake

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register