Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Fraud in LIC

Gd mng
I have a LIC money back policy.I am supposed to get some survial claim.But NEFT Mendate has been uploaded by LIC Branch for somebody else and he draw money two times.Even mobile no is also updated for him.What legal action I should take.

Dear Mr Mukesh, 

The query is too general open ended however for your guidance please note the following:- 

I am assuming your claim to the money was valid. if the LIC has paid money to some one else instead of you that may be because of a mistake. You may write a complaint to the Zonal manager and send it through e-mail as well as registered post. Keep the postal receipt and download track report after delivery. In the complaint write down all the facts and your correct details. Request them to look into it and do the needful. Wait for at least 2 weeks.

If nothing happens or you don't receive any calls from LIC, then send a reminder to the zonal manager again and wait for 10 days. 

if still no response is received from LIC, then file a complaint to the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission of your area. You can appear your self in non-essential dates and ask your counsel to be present in essential dates. The consumer court will do the rest. Please ensure that the complaint is properly drafted. 


Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate) 

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab &Haryana High Court, At Chandigarh. 



Disclaimer:- The opinion is only for guidance. 






Retired employee.

First:  File RTI Application online with Rs.10/- RTI fee  and seek information-seeking Certified copy of mandate basing on which money was paid, Dates of such Payment:       to Whom paid:        Bank Account No................... Mobile No..........  Then you will be possessing suitable documentary evidence.

Next: Issue notice under CP Act to LIC of India stating that the policyholder was not paid the money back/survival benefits at any time for Pol.No...............on stipulated dates his bank account No.............................IFSC Code.............................Mobile No.

Wait for one month for the reply to notice and then file an line complaint to 1.Insurance Ombudsman  2. District Consumer forum praying for payment of benefit with interest, costs, and compensation.

You need not spend more than Rs.100/- and will certainly get all the remedies.


Have you taken up the matter with the concerned LIC office?


ione guy call and tell me I give you loan then I pay89550
Retired employee.

@Shiva Gawde:  Open another thread for your post, and do not post your query in the post of others not related to your issue.


This is a grave mistake of LIC.

You may first bring it to the notice of the concerned branch manager and ask him to rectify the error and pay you the SB claim amount due to you with interest.

If there is no proper response from the branch manager you may escalate the matter to the CR manager at divisional office with a detailed complaint by providing documentary evidences for having not paid the SB amount to you till date.

You need not mention that this amount was paid to someone else, let them find out how this mistake took place and what are they going to do on this.

.If there is no proper response to this step also then you may approach the district consumer commission with a complaint for deficiency in service and also for compensation for mental agony besides recovery of claim amount.





Sir what is procedure to send notice through consumer forum and what are expenses
Retired employee.

No expenses are involved in sending the notice, except the registered postage expenses of Rs.22/-.  In filing a complaint before Ombudsman and DCF also except stationery expenses and postage for serving a set of complaints to the Opposite party, no expenses are involved as complainant can appear as a party in person.


G.L.N Prasad sir, I want to contact you regarding consumer court procedures, Could I get your contact no ?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x