Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tania (JE)     12 October 2013

Fraud from other party before marriage

Hi,

I need urgent advice, my cousin marriage got fixed for next month. few days back we got to know that girl is suffering from rasoli in uterus, they didn't inform us anything about this before fixing the marriage. so we have denied to marry due to this false relationship. Now they are forcing us to pay 5 lac rupee even we have not made any demand to them for anything and giving mental pressure every day that they will file a case of dowry against us.. they are seriously harashing us mentally..  Please suggest what we need to do in that case. Pls respond asap.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     13 October 2013

Just call them for a discussion and have everything taped on not one device but multiple devices and have additional witnesses present too. Just make it sound all like you are serious about the discussion. The truth will be taped. If you are correct, you can use it in Court if a false case is filed against you. The recording on the tape will do the talking, figuratively speaking.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     13 October 2013

Tania you are so lucky that you have come to know the true colors of their family b4 marriage. Let them take legal action you act accordingly just ignore the fraudsters. Dont have any talks just ignore them

Manpreet (Manager)     13 October 2013

Step1 - Just go to local Police station give there a informatory (NCR) about the threat.

Step2- As samir have already said.invite them for a discussion do Video recording.

Step3- once you have the recording file FIR against them.They will be treated accordungly by police.

Dont leave them otherwise they will catch some other innocent person.

gd dy (gd dy)     13 October 2013

forget to mention hw u come to knw ?

frm horse's mouth or

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 October 2013

Most uterine fibroids are harmless, do not cause symptoms, and shrink with menopause. But some fibroids are painful, press on other internal organs, bleed and cause anemia, or cause pregnancy problems.Collect doctor certificate and act accordingly before cancel the tie ups

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 October 2013

Tania,

I agree with Adv Ramachary.  Confirm the medical problem through reliable sources and intimate them your decision  to sever the pre-marital (engagement) ties with them from immediate forthwith for the reason that the girl is suffering from the said medical problems which though suppressed by them, were known to you through reliable and authentic sources.  Let your intimation about cutting off the relationship be in writing sent by registered post with acknowledgment card, preserve the served postal ack card for future reference  to be produced before court in case they seek the intervention of law with their false claims. 

(Guest)

Agree with ADV Ramachary !

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     20 October 2013

They can't  do anything. File a Police complaint on the grounds of harassment, mental torture, cheating and blackmailing etc. If you wish to thank me for this reply please click  the"Thank you button on my profile.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 October 2013

how could you know of her ailment

Northern Queen (Manager)     26 October 2013

Obtaining medical records illegally about another person is an offence under the Data Protection Act.  Do not go down this route, or waste your time!

My advice is for your cousin to phone the family - have the converstation recorded on several phones (for back up) - state clearly that he will not be blackmailed by these threats - thus flushing out a full confession and anymore threats.

Save the data - making several soft copies and hard copies - place one in a bank locker for added security.

Phone the family up and play the message back to them - stating he will submit this to the Police and magistrates court - and also upload it onto social network sites too!

I doubt if they will take it any further. If they do continue, go to the Police and file harrassment and fraud charges - the copies will come in handy as the Police sometimes 'lose' evidence.

Then tell him to move on with his life and find a nice woman by himself - preferably getting a pre nupt agreement before he marries her.

Peace and love to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register