FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zubiya   23 September 2020

Fraud done in the name of heavy deposit agreement

More than 10 people including me, are being frauded by a property agent by introducing a man as an investor/ owner of the flat and we all had done heavy deposit agreements of around 50 lacs of rupees. Every individual has a different story but we all are victims of the two frauds. They submitted us a Notarized Agreement and by fooling us they took our thumb verification saying it will get your notarized agreement registered. They made another leave and licence agreement with the data they took by fooling us with the actual owner of the flat with a small amount of deposit and monthly rent. Actual owners didn't bothered to meet us or talk to us at the time of agreement or afterwards. They never called us for rent due for more than 6 months. And now the one who pretended to be the owner has ran away with lacs of rupees. And actual owners are started contacting us and asking for rent or to vacate the flat. Police complaint has been registered and the fraudster has been arrested but the broker who is the helping hand of fraudster is still roaming freely while we all have submitted our statements stating that he is the one who is responsible for all the dealings took place with the fraudster. Kindly guide us. Thanks and Best Regards


 5 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     23 September 2020



Write to the senior police officers or approach the Hon'ble High Court for quick action. 


Thanks & Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


R.Ranganathan (Director)     24 September 2020

Register cheating complaint in the concerned police station against the fraudsters.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 September 2020

Persuade police to register FIR otherwise, move your complaint to area Magistrate through a local prudent lawyer. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 September 2020

Now that a complaint was lodged and the real culprit was booked, the accomplice will also be arrested sooner or later.  Pool some amount through contribution and contact an advocate for safeguarding your interests and for further follow up. One can not rule out knowledge of owner also, let the police complete their investigation and then study the case.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     25 September 2020

since the police regd case against the person who has cheated you, police during the investigation will record your statements. You mention the name of the broker also. Police will add the broker as A2.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query