Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil kumar (Manager)     21 May 2013

Fradulant transactions on credit card

Fradulant transaction on my credit card

I am Senthil kumar resid residing at  Chennai
I am holding ICICI Credit card No: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9007 for the past six years
While I was holding the card physically with myself, I noticed that the following two fraudulent transactions for the amounts, Rs. 46,800 and Rs.98,100 on 6 th Dec 2012. Both transactions happend within 11 minutes interval. It appears that some one cloned my credit card and carried out above transactions.

On receipt of SMS alerts on above transactions, complaint was raised to ICICI bank phone banking. They informed me that my credit card has been blocked. I have also sent a formal complaint to "CUSTOMER.CARE@icicibank.com" on the same day and received a e-mail confirmation on 8th Dec 2012. Temporary credit was given to me for both transactions on next day.

Formal police complaint was lodged with "The Commissioner of Chennai Police: on 8th Dec 2012,

On 29th Dec 2012 I received an e-mail from "CUSTOMER.CARE@icicibank.com" and the content of the mail is "We would like to inform you that, the transaction dispute was raised under unbilled transactions. However, the transaction got billed and added in your credit card statement. Hence, we inform you that we have raised a new Service Reference Numbers for both the transactions and given a interim charge back for the disputed transactions.

After two months of investigation I got a message on 21 Jan 2013 that one of the above complaints for the amount Rs.46,800 has been resolved in my favour.
I received a SMS alert on 14th Feb 2013 that transaction for the amount Rs. 98,100 has been resolved in favour of bank and I am liable to pay the fraudulent transaction.

After several calls / e-mails I received reply from ICICI that simply stated that "We would like to inform you that we have an exclusive investigation team which looks into the dispute related complaints. Based on your dispute, we had raised the chargeback on your behalf to the concerned merchant. We have to inform you that, as per the clarification received by the merchant the dispute have been processed and customer is made liable. We have attached charge slip for your reference. As a card holder is responsible for the physical security of the card. In the case of unsuccessful transaction, the card holder is liable for the transactions done on the card.  We regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse the transaction done on the card. We request you to make complete due payment to avoid financial charges in future"
They also attached the copy of charge slip with a signature totally different from that of mine.

I sent mails / letters to nodal officer and received reply that I am liable to pay Rs.98,100.

ICICI started sending statements mentioning above transaction and the keep adding fines and interest on the outstanding amount. I'm also getting calls from ICICI to make the payment.

Humply request experts to guide me on what actions I shall take to resolve above issue.
I shall be thankful to all your kind contribution.
Thanking you once again

Learning

1 Replies

icicibankcare (Bank)     24 May 2013

Dear Mr. Kumar,

We are sorry to here about your experience. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '4308730' in the subject line.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register