Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dulal (publisher)     24 July 2011

Foreign money taxable?

Hi,

I work for an ad network as a publisher based in us and uk and I earn quite a big some from them which are transferred to my bank account via bank wire or through paypal.  My question is: Is all of these money taxable?

One more question how long can i delay after the due date of tax filing and what legal action can be taken against such situations?

Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Apprentice (Associate)     24 July 2011

Ofcourse it is taxable.

Get a tax consultant to work out your tax liabilities. Just not worth the headaches (yes, a jail term is very likely, so why risk it?) associated with non-payment of taxes. 

A V Vishal (Advocate)     24 July 2011

You have not stated a few facts on the nature & constitution of your business entity, deduction of tax at source on the remittances sent to you and do you have any other income apart from the one you receive from UK & US?

Amit Soni (Proprietor)     24 July 2011

FIrstly, Yes this money is taxable.

Second, Being a good citizen of India you don't have to delay in paying taxes, but if you are ready to pay penal interest @1% p.m. you can delay it: a. till 31st march 2012 (For A.Y. 2011-12) or b. Issue of notice to file ITR, from Assessing Officer.

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     28 July 2011

your query is not very clear to me:

1. whether its all you income what you receive or you receive it on behalf or ur clients or you pass through this amount?

2. what is your residential status? are your Resident of India or Resident outside India if outside then how long you are staying.

3. you can file your tax return anytime after due date along with Interst and Penality  but it should be on or before end of FY following to the reelvant AY.

such type of peculiar cases must be consulted wiht practicing CA whom you can  discuss all the intircacies. This is not the right forum all you can get the fair idea not the proper solution. 100 ppl would reply with 100 opinions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register