LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Katrina   17 February 2022

Foreign director in llp

Foreigner came to India on contract with employment visa. During stay foreigner got DIN and became  director/partner in same company. Which category VISA required for foreigner director? Can visa remain same employment if apart from being director foreigner still continue with work under contract?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 February 2022

Let an Indian file application seeking such information as per laid down norms under RTI  Act with Rs.10/- fee on line before Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi..

Information solicited:

1. Please provide a copy of the laid down procedure for VISA required for a foreign director that came to India on contract with employment VISA, got din, became Director in the same company.

2. The copy of laid down procedure whether VISA remain same employment if apart from being director foreigner still continue with work under Contract.

Palak batra   18 February 2022

Dear Querist,

If a foreign citizen intends to visit India on being appointed as a director or shareholder, he / she needs an employment visa to reside in India. There are specific conditions that need to be followed by the director or shareholder or even by any employee to get the employment visa.

Regards, 

Palak 

Katrina   21 February 2022

Thank you so much for answer. So I met with problem where FRRO doesn't want to extend employment visa saying that after becoming director I should go back to my country and get fresh business visa 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register