Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Baviskar (student)     22 June 2015

Forcefull termination.

Dear Sir,

Background of the case.

My employer (A Private Ltd Co) had advertised for Finance Manager.  I have been selected and company issued me an offer letter as a “Finance Manager”.  I resigned from my earlier permanent job and joined the company.  When I joined the company, they designated me as a “Senior Accountant” (No change in Salary) and issued me an appointment letter with 6 months probation period.

Issue:-  After completion of my probation period, in Feb 15 company issued me an letter  to extend the probationary period for further 3 months.  The reason has been given the reason “Performance is no satisfactory”.  On one fine morning HR department told me that they want to appoint a Chartered Accountant on my place. They have appointed a Chartered Accountant and told me to resign and leave the company at the earliest.  Still I am working, but my job may go at any time. I am M Com by qualification having 24 years experience.  My age is 51 years.  I have left my permanent job.

Company never told me about reason for dissatisfaction of the management.  HR director just told me that I do not have any experience in manufacturing industry, but I have more than 12 years experience from the manufacturing companies.  I have mentioned everything in my CV.  HR director interviewed me and the send me for final interview to the Company’s auditor.  

HR director interviewed, company’s auditor tested my knowledge, experience and skill for the job then they appointed me and now company wants to remove me.  

Sir, the actual problem is ego of HR director which I feel.  The reason is that, on my first day of my joining the company, I have objected on re-designation and expressed my dissatisfaction.  I didn’t have any alternate but to accept the changed designation as a “Sr Accountant”.  I wrote a letter for the changed designation (with the HR directors permission) to the Chairman and copy marked to him as well as Sr. Accounts Manager but HR director didn’t like this.  He is taking the revenge on me  by removing me.  

Sir in this situation, does any law protect me to save my job?.   Can I sue to the company, if yes, under which law and section?  At the age of 51 years where I will go?  For one person’s ego I can’t leave the job.  I requested HR director, assured to improve my performance, but this heartless person does not ready to listen me.  

I have been informed me that after one year of completion of my service, I can sue to the company.  Is it correct?  Secondly, next month what should be my course of action when they will issue me a termination letter?

Please advice.

Regards,

Sanjay Baviskar

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 June 2015

Any person claiming to be aggrieved by an 
unlawful discriminatory practice as defined in human rights act  of 
discriminatory harassment or violence as set forth in chapter six of this title shall have a 
cause of action in any court of competent jurisdiction for damages, including punitive 
damages, and for injunctive relief and such other remedies as may be appropriate. Submit your grievance to higher brass of the management and keep a copy with you for justice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2015

This query is also posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Forcefuly-termination-of-employment-543526.asp

Ankur Saxena   23 June 2015

Dear Sir I am Ankur Saxena working in an central government organization on long term contract (3 years) on 5400 GP I joined  in 2009 and my contact got reneued in 2012 again for three years now i am completing six year of my service without any break. In 2012 i was appointed a member of a purchase commitee for purchase of some specific items there was some annonymous complaints and a departmental enquiry was initiated in 2012 and till now no result has been declared. My contract is expiring on 30th June 2015 and after six years of countinous services it seems that organization is  not renueing my contact. Can anybody please suggest what options i have and what are my chances? I donot have much time so an early reply will be appriciated. Thanks you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register