LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manu   19 September 2018

Forcefull marriage

Friends, Im married for last 6 months and it was an arranged marriage. On the night of our wedding my wife informed me that she is not interested in marriage at all and was forced by her parents to get married. So she dont want ne to think as my wife. I replied her to take sometime to understand first and theb to decide jointly. As the days passed she look like getting improved, but still we used to spend our night in separate room. Last week she has written a letter that she is not i terested in marriage at all and was acting like normal all these days and she is moving out of the home and not to wait for her. I have immediately filled a women misding case in police station and came to know from her compamy that she had gone for higher studies in abroad. There is no proper response from their parents at all. As she married under the force of her parents, does the marriage be nullified even after 6 months? Or suggest me how to deal this as she is in abroad? And we don have her contact too asshe never called us back. But it is avl with her parents hopefully. Kindly suggest.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     19 September 2018

Dear querist,

What is status of police report?

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Manu   19 September 2018

Hello Deepak, I have received the FIR copy 3 days back. They have mentioned it as Women missing.

Manu   19 September 2018

Hello Deepak, I have received the FIR copy 3 days back. They have mentioned it as Women missing. Manoj

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 September 2018

Your option is to file for divorce against her on the ground of cruelty by refusing for physical relationships with you ever since your marriage and absconding from matrimonial home without any information. The address for the respondent can be her parent's address. If one year of marriage has not completed than application for taking permission from the court to entertain your divorce petition within 1 year of marriage has to be filled.

Manu   19 September 2018

Thank you Mr.Vijay. But, is there any possibility to nullify the marriage rather than divorce as she had married me under her parents compulsion/force. Pilice has recovered a letter which is sent by my wife to her father in which she mentioned that she was not interested and was forced by her parents to get married hence she is moving out.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2018

I endorse the views of Mr VR Mahajan.

Govenfacts do not indicate grounds of nulity of marraige.

You have not stated your religion.

Manu   21 September 2018

I belong to hindu religion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register