Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan   07 March 2020

Flight Cancelled by Airline

Sir,

I booked air ticket from Indore to Ahmedabad through Goibibo for journey date 9.3.2020 and also taken travel insurance.

Now flight is cancelled by airline and informed me on 7.3.2020

please advise it is covered under travel insurance policy and how much I can claim for comparison

regards
Mohan

Learning

3 Replies

Joy Bose   08 March 2020

Hello,

If a flight is cancelled, passengers should be informed at least two weeks before the scheduled date of departure and the choice of a refund or alternate flight should be offered to them. But if the airline operator fails to inform them, they have to be compensated in addition to receiving the refund of the air ticket price, in accordance with DGCA guidelines.

Regards
Joy Bose

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 March 2020

According to my understanding, the query is as to whether the traveler gets a claim on insurance if the flight is canceled and whether that risk is involved in such insurance coverage premium paid with a ticket by a private travel agency.   The risk covered is limited to accidents and sometimes loss of luggage alone.   For more information, you may contact travel agency and get information on risks covered with such premium paid and whether refund on the premium can be made for canceled tickets. 

Mohan   08 March 2020

Hii Joy, Airline informed me only two days before departure. In this case, please advise DGCa guideline how much they need to compensate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register