IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratik Patel   12 March 2023

Flat Design Changed by Builder without informing

Hello, I need Help regarding Flat purchase, I have Purchased Flat last year and it's under construction currently, All payment till date is made by cash only, Now have to male agreement this month

but now issue is
Builder changed size of Wash area from 6.9/4 feet to 6/4 feet, also bathroom size is not proper, instead of 7/4 it's 7/3.5 somthing, I checked RERA site and now project details not showing up on RERA site as well ( available earlier)
also They have made hall size small 14/10 instead of 19.6/10 feet temporary for BU permission according to builder. all mentioned size is available on Brochure provided by builder

what can be done in this case? can I ask compensation for size issue? or can I get full refund with interest?
any other option?


 3 Replies

Sidhhi   12 March 2023

It's wrong on part of builder to reduce carpet area and layout. If you have these recorded in the allotment letter file complaint with RERA. You and other allottees should joined hands but why payments made in cash ?

Pratik Patel   12 March 2023

No allotment latter or agreement made yet, here 99% Builders take 30% payment in cash only

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 March 2023

If the builder is registered unde R.E.R.A. you can give complaint to to R.E.R.A. If not issue a legal notice through a lawyer to the builder. You can give complaint to the consumers commission online facility. Sponsored

Register Consumer Complaint - Consumer Court Online India


Online Legal India


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query