LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ssega (consultant)     24 November 2011

Flat cancellation in pune - no agreement yet done

I had booked a flat in Pune. I had paid 1,50,000 and was given a receipt that does not say anything about cancellation. I asked builder to give me agreement for reading before registering that agreement. Initially he resisted then I told him to cancel then one day I got a call and builder used really abusive language,now I no longer want to buy that flat and hence want to cancel the flat. What is the law of returning money? I have not yet signed any agreemtna dn even receipt does not say anything about cancellation? Please help,I need to know if I can get my money back or do I need to go in court.


 6 Replies

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     24 November 2011

If it is a proper receipt then u can file a suit on the builder to get back ur money ......

1 Like

NewFlatBuyer (Teacher)     24 November 2011


have you filed suit against builder? have you got your money back?

As i am facing same problem I really want to know.

Please help me in this.



ssega (consultant)     24 November 2011


Have you registered agreement?

Or you have just booked the flat? How is your booking receipt?

ssega (consultant)     24 November 2011

Thank you Sir.

Proper receipt means one with one rupee stamp? Yes I do have that with me also I have done payment by cheque.

sujit uday (lawyer)     25 November 2011

check whether your given receipt is genuine and also do check if any clause such as acceptance of by laws is printed on the receipt.if not & if you have a genuine receipt then dont wait go ahead and file A Suit for recovery against the soon as possible.

NewFlatBuyer (Teacher)     25 November 2011


Thanks for reply.

We havent done any agreement. We have make payment by check.

We have receipt on which its wriiten that for this project agaist this flat we are receiving 1 Lakh ruppes.

However when i try to threaten bulider that i will file suit against you they are saying you can do whatever you want but we do not return money and you cant take flat as it is cancelled.

So what can be legal action taken in this case?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads