Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar (Self Employed)     31 August 2016

Firend in trouble for helping someone

Dear Sirs,

one of my friend got into deep problem.

My friend M's friend F has purchased a room and partly paid Rs 15 Lakhs to room owner O and was not able to pay the remaining amount of 7 Lakhs to the seller owner O.
He (F) asked help of my friend M and requested for Rs 7 Lakhs to be returned in a month after selling the room.

My friend M lended his friend Rs 7 lakhs and as assurance F got a sell agreement prepared by owner O in M's name and got possession of the room. however, later O was not traceable and available for registration so they have to take permission from housing board. F got some NOC from the Housing Board in name of M after M signed a plain indemnity to the Board.

Later F found a buyer B and sold the room to B and as M has a sell agreement, he asked M to do the registration in favor of B. Believing his friend F, M completed the registration process and got his money back.

Now a year later M got to know that F has got the NOC of housing board using some forged paper which he was not made aware of. He was shown a 'good' paper but F submitted some false paper to get the NOC. M has signed an Indemnity paper for the Housing Board.

Now my friend is in great trouble. He is fearing that either buyer or someone will lodge an FIR in his name if known and he will be in jail for offences he has not committed. F is also black mailing him.

Dear experts, could you suggest how my friend can come out clean of this situation ??? what civil and criminal procedure he has to follow.

I shall be highly obliged for your valuable suggestions.

Learning

1 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     01 September 2016

Originally posted by : Raj Kumar
Dear Sirs,

one of my friend got into deep problem.

My friend M's friend F has purchased a room and partly paid Rs 15 Lakhs to room owner O and was not able to pay the remaining amount of 7 Lakhs to the seller owner O.
He (F) asked help of my friend M and requested for Rs 7 Lakhs to be returned in a month after selling the room.

My friend M lended his friend Rs 7 lakhs and as assurance F got a sell agreement prepared by owner O in M's name and got possession of the room. however, later O was not traceable and available for registration so they have to take permission from housing board. F got some NOC from the Housing Board in name of M after M signed a plain indemnity to the Board.

Later F found a buyer B and sold the room to B and as M has a sell agreement, he asked M to do the registration in favor of B. Believing his friend F, M completed the registration process and got his money back.

Now a year later M got to know that F has got the NOC of housing board using some forged paper which he was not made aware of. He was shown a 'good' paper but F submitted some false paper to get the NOC. M has signed an Indemnity paper for the Housing Board.

Now my friend is in great trouble. He is fearing that either buyer or someone will lodge an FIR in his name if known and he will be in jail for offences he has not committed. F is also black mailing him.

Dear experts, could you suggest how my friend can come out clean of this situation ??? what civil and criminal procedure he has to follow.

I shall be highly obliged for your valuable suggestions.

"F is also black mailing him" - Pls ask 'M' to lodge a general police diary to be in safe side. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register