LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Tatran   13 August 2022

Fir or legal action against online betting website

I want to know what will be the procedure if any online betting website cheats anyone.


 2 Replies

Swadha   15 August 2022

Although according to the Public Gambling act of 1867, all kinds of Gambling are illegal, however, there is no law that says that Online Betting is illegal.

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting an investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like cheating, intimidation, fraud, breach of trust, etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting documents.

2. IF the Police do not take action, THEN you can file a private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file the charge sheet. The said Person may come down for settlement.

Foster West   04 October 2023

It`s interesting!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register