Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (propreitor)     10 November 2014

File domestic violence and maintainence on my husband family

hello 

• i got married 7 years back and from past four year my mil sil and my husband has been harrasing me for everything 
  • i have a kid who is four years 
  • from past 19 months my husband is staying out of the house 
  • i m staying in my matrimonial house with my husbands family 
  • my husband is staying in a rented house nearby 
  • they completely stopped giving money to me and staying in one house i have to cook seperately
  • they have put cameras in the house i dont know for what 
  • my mil use to always ask to get money inspite they being toooo tooo rich then us 
  • i m paying the school fees of my kid i.e 2.5 lakhs a year from my fathers account 
  • all my personal expense and doctors expense and everything is taken care from my father..infact the biscuit my son eats also 
  • they have raised hands on me many a times. i dont have any proof of that but i have a pic in which my head is completely thrasshed coz my mil n sil banged it 
  • my husband had even tried to put a bottle full of dettol in my mouth...this is just ten percent of what i m suffering 
  • my son at this age is going mad 
  • i m taking him to counsellors
  • i m completely fed up of this things 
  • i stay in mumbai 
  • i need the best lawyer to file domestic violence , maintainence and dowry 
  • i dont know what to do 
  • please some one help me out
  • want to seee them behind bars  
  • thank yu

Learning

10 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 November 2014

Dear, File 498A asap, other things could be filed in the meantime. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 November 2014

Your blog does not speak clear about the dowry demand.

pooja (propreitor)     10 November 2014

I know it does not speak about the dowry demand clearly But my mother in law has been asking verbally a lot At the time of marraige also we have given a lot of cash and jewellery Right now I m in such a bad situation that don't know what to do Staying in my matrimonial house my dad is personally taking care of the expense of myself and my kid

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     10 November 2014

you dont have to have any proof strictly about dowry demand. just go ahead with domestic violence, go to the nearest police station immediately, simultaneously file cases for domestic violence and divorce, if you want. dowry harrassment case may not be valid since it is seven years of marriage.... but if you can prove it has been there within 7 years, it is good. act immediately. get a proof of your husband staying away from you. it will help in divorce proceedings.... also that your father is maintaining you....................never bear injustice, if you are on the right track, remember this always.

Prakash S Thakkar (B.S.L LL.B)     10 November 2014

File a complaint under section 12 of dv act. And also 498A with every detail in the complaint. U can also call me on 9765470629. Between 5 to 7 pm only.

AS   10 November 2014

want to seee them behind bars- this shows your mentality , grow up and behave like educated and honest women.

You seems to be educated girl who can read and write and also having knowledge of computers.

Why you are dependent on you father - move out of house and live your own life , You can work.

For kids - file 125 maintenance and if you need divorce then file that too.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2014

the jwellery is in whose custody.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 November 2014

Unfortunately your marriage does not appear worth continuing. Dowry or no dowry you have a strong case. 498A is for violence. Dowry is not a necessary element. All women's protection Acts are for protection of women like you. From what you write it appears that your life is in danger. You have not stated in which city and in which State are your matrimonial and parental homes. You escape to your parental home with your son and file criminal cases against your husband and in-laws. You can ask for a decent accommodation commensurate with the status of your husband and matrimonial home, enough maintenance and good education for your son.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2014

It is surprise that despite all these you have not filed a case against him or even a complaint  lodged with the police for the cruelties meted out to you by your husband or mil or sil.  Something is missing, may be you are not coming out with truth or may be your version is all false.  Be frank that whether you really did not contact a lawyer for this purpose so far? or you father has not arranged for one till date?  Since your father knows the plight, you may ask him to arrange for a lawyer to fight out your case legally.

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     24 January 2015

Hi , as one learned member had suggested, why not consider to move to your fathers place along with your 4 year kid ? or ask your parents to stay with you in a seperate home (if that is viable)?. Filing DV, RCR,JS,Divorce is easy given your status-quo of DV & desertion but you should never forget you have a kid and mother and father are equally important. It is your fate though so you have to bear sometime. However as a educated lady try and explore all possible remedies. First scout  a good advocate and issue a legal notice making your husband, sil, mil etc with all your concerns and issues. Attach the evidence of assault and  the fact your hubby's  desertion for 19+ months and give a chance.

2. Once you approach the police and court, it is in public  domain and your relationship stands estranged to a higher degree. Should you prefer to call mail me for my #. Good wishes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register