LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhash chandra Pratihar   02 October 2020

fees for professional practise

sir I am a sr Dr,do consultation at salt lake,outside written urology clinic,urban dept levied 20000rs fee for total five years.question remains whether a Dr or lawyer or CA if do consultation in his own house why he need to pay for his private consultation chamber.? thanks in advance. prof Dr SC pratihar/

 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     03 October 2020

Vague information can not lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Shashi Dhara   03 October 2020

If you charge consultation  fee in your residence then ITdepartment can only issue notice  or you have to pay professional tax only. Issue reply notice that you are not bounded to pay rs 20000,thru advocate.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 October 2020

You can also explore the possibility of seeking such information under RTI Act from the public authority.(Urban dept)

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the certified copy of laid down norm/order/circular/notification/order for charging commercial/professional tax from a doctor practicing from his own house attending to the emergency needs of local residents.


Yes, you are bound to pay irrespective of where you are practicing please.  Further, when you levying fee from patients, please feel proud to share a minor part of your profit for the common good of the Urban authorities if it is as per their prevailing rules.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 October 2020

Yes, ascertain the particulars of the levy though RTI. First of all, be sure which authority has levied the fee? Is it a tax or a fee and also, the law under which the levy has been made.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query