LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roop Khanna   01 March 2023

Faulty product

in December 2022 I purchased an unboxed ] new amplifier of Harman Kardon brand online. within a month it began to malfunction and I contacted the online seller who provided a replacement in February 2023. this product also started to malfunction no sooner than I had taken it out of the packaging. now the online seller says that they cannot help me.

I contacted the service center of Harman Kardon and they refused to service the product, saying that it has not yet been introduced in India. I would like to know whether I can force the service center to provide service given that I have an invoice and warranty card. 

when I bought the product, I was unaware that it was not introduced in India as I bought it online from a local store in Delhi. 

kindly advise what course of action I should take now. should I approach the consumer court and hold Harman Kardon liable for manufacturing defects?


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 March 2023

File a consumer complaint before jurisdictional Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission through a local lawyer.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 March 2023

Since amplifier is in warranty period so manfacturer and dealer are liable to replace defective product ( amplifier ) .Issue notice to  manufacturer and its dealer and ask them to replace the defective product.If notice is not complied with then file complaint against them before Consumer Commission and claim replacement of amplifier and compensation towards mental and physical agoney

Roop Khanna   03 March 2023

thank you for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register