Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinoth (assistant)     23 April 2010

Fathers Job

Hi, my father was worked in chennai port trust. he was passed away on 1996, still i didnt get that my father's job ? is there any way to get that job ? pls give some ideas.. port trust officer told that u cant get this job, so try any other work ... what can i do ??? how can i get my father's job.. pls help me.


 2 Replies

radha (freelancer)     23 April 2010


What was the cause of the death of your father. Did he expire while he was on job.

You may speak to the Manager HR, and study the policy of the company.

You can also discuss with the Secretary/President  of the Union of Employees, and obtain clairty on the rules and policies.

You can also discuss with senior emplyees in the same department in which your father served the company, and obtain clarity on the rules.

You can also speak to the NGO/Welfare associations working with the company or active in your area.

Accordingly, you can take up the matter with the Management, in writing.

You may seek legal help from local service lawyer.The lawyer would know the rules, and  can help you persue the case.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2011

First of all there is no rule by which one get get the exact job from where his father died. Compassinate appointment is givne on a low post to the eligible ember within reasonable time. Your case is time barred. No union/NGO can help you. Getting Govt job in lieu of father's death is not a birth right or undated cheque.  It is a welfare measure for immediate subsistance of needy family (the most needy to compete for 5% of GpC&D posts).  Most of the persons do not need compassionte job and do not think of the same and waake up when they are themselve overage and could not find any Govt job. 27 years is a big period nearly full career.  If you were of the emploayble age at that time of death (18+) then now you will be appraoching retirement age. Even if you were of below schooling age (-5) at that time apprently you are now overage for Govt job. You have not clarified whether your mother or borther/sister applied for compassionate job in within one year of death, if so what was the result.  I would honestly adivise to not to waste expendituere on stationary and postage. You practically have no case whatsoever as apprent from the facts disclosed by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query