Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K.CHANDRASEKAR (CONSULTENT)     06 May 2013

Father's prop. without will

Respected lawyers,

My  father left no will. We the legal hires of my fatherare Mother (83) and six children. We  have agreed to entered into a family settlement agreement to share the sale proceeds of my father’s flat after our mother's period.the flat is in chennai &its  present market value is RS. 80 lakhs .

But one of the "widow" sister refusing to sign in the agreement and wish to take this flat for a very much lower rate than the market value, for which other five legal hirers are not acceptable and insisting to sign the settlement deed now & let us discuss further at a later stage.

Under such circumstances my clarifications are as follows:-

1.                         1.  If that sister is maintaining her stand, whether we the other legal hirers along with our mother      can  sign the settlement deed & will this settlement  deed is valid?

2.                        2. With that settlement deed after our mother’s period is there any legal remedy to sell that flat to a 3rd. Party without the said sister’s signature with court permission? We are agreeable to settle her share due even through court.

3.                         3.   If it is possible such legal  procedure may kindly be explained to convey this through the common friends, so as to change her adamant stand and to make her to sign the settlement deed now itself.

With kind regards

K.Chandrasekar

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register