Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fareed Khan   27 June 2022

Father's name correction

Hi Sir. I am Md Fareed Khan S/O Mohammad Murtuza Khan. I want to make a Gazette notification because my father's name is wrongly written as Md Murtaza Khan in my Birth Certificate, Class 10th Marksheet and Class 12th Marksheet & Certificate. Also I have to take admission in UG this year.

So can I write 'Educational certificates' while making the affidavit or I have to write only those documents where name of my father is incorrect. Please clear my doubt. 


 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   28 June 2022

Contact local advocate ,he will guide and you have to publish in local newspaper and keep it as proof.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2022

First, stop worrying as this is not a major defect and mere initials can not make any difference in name of the father..  Unless you face a problem do not worry about the problem assuming an issue.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 June 2022

You cannot change your father's name. Moreover, facts posted suggest no discfepency.

Anila Sabu   28 June 2022

In response to your query,

In order for you to correct the name in your 10th and 12th marksheet you must first go to your school and deliver required paperwork to your board's regional office.

The necessary paperwork include: -

1. Photocopies of the 10th and 12th grade marksheets

2. A copy of the admissions form

3. A copy of the registration for entrance and withdrawal.

5. Transfer certificate for a previous class and present class

6. Correction in tabular form

7. A notarized affidavit for a name change

The school principal must certify to all of these.

And while making the affidavit you must specify the specific documents under which your fathers name is inncorectly mentioned. You can not generalise them under a common title of ‘educational certificates.’

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query