Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asiya fatima   08 January 2022

Father's name change on passport proof

Hello,

My father has recently changed his name. He lives in Saudi and he is yet to reissue his passport with the new name. His process is being delayed as his iqama renewal is stuck with the Saudi government. I have to reissue my passport urgently to pursue higher education abroad. He has 2 identity proofs with the new name - aadhar and pan card. His voter id will also have his new name but the voter id download site has been closed since last year. Is it possible for me to reissue my passport with his new name by showing the name change newspaper ad, affidavit, his aadhar and his pan card, my aadhar, and my 10th memo? Or is his passport compulsory?

Learning

3 Replies

Kshitij Arora   10 January 2022

Hello Asiya,

I read your query and understood that your father has changed his name and now you have to get your father's name changed in your passport. According to the website of passport India, for getting your parent's name changed in the passport you will need the following documents:-

1. Document code 8017- Your old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport.

2. Document code 8015- Documentary proof for any one of the Non-ECR (previously ECNR) categories Documents Required for Non-ECR

3. Document code:

(i). 8018- Passport of parents with the new name in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport

OR

(ii). 8054- Proof such as service record/ pension order/ property documents showing that parents had changed   their name

OR

(iii). 8057- If parents are deceased, such proof that they had changed their name during their lifetime.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 January 2022

The passport has already been issued. As such, there is need to make any further chnges.

Aarushi   11 January 2022

Dear user,

In this case, you will need self-attested copies of the first 2 and last 2 pages of your old passport, including the ECR page and the page of observation. Since you have already mentioned that you do not have your father's passport, you will need one of these: service record, pension order or property documents showing your father's changed name.

In addition to this, if you are a minor, you will need to produce a declaration by your parents furnished in an application.

If you can take your father's old passport with you to the Passport Seva Kendra, it will be even more helpful.

I hope I was able to solve your query. Please feel free to leave follow up questions, if any. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register