Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Manager)     13 October 2010

Father name Passport

Hi! All

I have a typical problem. Recently i applied for new passport (old one about to get expired ) through online. During filling the form in the 'Father name column I mistakenlly gave my 'Father in law' name ( which is present under spouse name, assuming spouse's father name ) . Now my new passport has 'Father in law' name as  'Father name'. Please let me know how to change that and also tell me is there any implications by this. I am confused and worried about this.

Expecting reply

Thanks

Suresh

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     13 October 2010

Dear Mr. Suresh,

There is some flaw in what you are saying.  If you are already having a valid passport (yet to expire), how can you apply for a new passport?  Holding two passports itself is illegal.  Further why would you apply for a new passport instead of getting the validity extended of the existing passport?  And again did you or did you not indicate in the specified cololumn about your existing passport? 

The facts stated in your query are not appealing to common sense.

Suresh (Manager)     13 October 2010

Dear Mr. Ramachandran

Thanks for your reply but i didn't get any answer from your reply. However I got the issue cleared. Before one year of expiry date (old passport ) you can apply a new one, where the old one will get cancelled by the RPO. Validity can be extended when we apply as re-new and that is for a passport issued for 5 year period, For passport given for 10 year period only re-issue has to be made if the passport is expired / will get expire. For more details visit https://passport.gov.in.

sureshg

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register