LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sulekha Sinha   11 July 2021

Father name is different in my marksheets and adhar card

My father name is different 8n my adhar card and marksheets...

its Rajeev dev prashad in my father's documents but in my adhar card and marksheets it's Rajeev dev only.

Pls guide me what are options available? tell me the way to make an affidavit... pls guide me how can I do it...


 5 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   11 July 2021

The situation you're currently facing is actually a very common issue numerous people face here in India, as they have typographical errors in their Government Documents (Aadhar Card; Pan Card; Passport; Voter ID etc).
However, there's no need to worry as I'm gonna enlighten you about all possible ways through which you can make requisite changes in your Aadhar Card.

Basically, Aadhaar Card is a unique identity number issued to Indian citizens by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI.

Now, since you wanna update your father's name in Aadhar Card the best possible way to have your father’s name updated or corrected in your Aadhaar Card is offline. Well, since currently UIDAI does not support online facility to do this activity online, you need get this done offline and the two methods of doing so are mentioned as below for your reference.

(Option A) The most convenient way to update your father’s name in your Aadhaar card is by "Way of Post".
⭕ You just need to fill up an Aadhaar correction form and send it via post to the UIDAI office together with the supporting documents.

⭕Download the form from the official website of UIDAI

⭕ Fill in the form correctly and attach any Proof of Identity -POI and Proof of Address -POA as per the specified list given by UIDAI. You would also need to attach a proof where your father’s name has been correctly mentioned --- You can now post the form and other documents. You can send the same to any of the below address:
(a) UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001.
(b) UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

⭕You will get an acknowledgement once the form is received by UIDAI and

⭕After, UIDAI makes necessary update or correction in your father’s name you will receive the second acknowledgement confirming that the request has been processed.

The second way to get it done is listed below.
(Option B) Update or change in father’s name via enrolment centre.
The second option, as stated above, for how to change father name in Aadhaar card is through an enrolment centre. The steps are very simple and easy to follow:

⭕Book an appointment by visiting the official site of UIDAI –

⭕You will also come to know your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center by entering your city and location as shown below so that you can visit accordingly.

You may choose any way that suits you're preference, and your issue will be resolved soon.

Hope It Helps!

Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Sulekha Sinha   11 July 2021

thank You so much for ur guidence. I have my husband name in my adhar card. and I have no supportive document of my father's correct name. in every documents including marksheets I have wrong name... I want an affidavit refering right name of my father name. what is the procedure of that Sir?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 July 2021

In fact, it makes no difference to a married lady.  Father's name is not that much material and helps only for identification in case of similar names.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 July 2021

Is it marksheet or some other document. Generally, marksheet mentions only the candidate's name.

1 Like

Sulekha Sinha   12 July 2021

in every document I have not correct name of my father as I mentioned. including my degrees, certificates pan adhar. what shud i do... kindly tell me procedure of making an affidavit regarding this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register